“We are delighted to be part of this COVID-19 Alliance and it’s heartening to see the research community coming together at such a critical time to accelerate the generation of research evidence through data re-use. Having pioneered collaborative data-sharing in resource-limited settings with the global scientific community over the last decade, we know that this is a proven way to translate data into evidence to improve outcomes for patients worldwide.”
Professor Philippe Guérin
Director of the Infectious Diseases Data Observatory (IDDO)
A growing number of organisations are joining our Alliance. Our partners collaborate to:
- enable a coordinated international response to harness data from multiple sources to address key questions about COVID-19
- improve harmonisation and reduce the complexity of data sharing
- share best practice to build a transparent and trustworthy data ecosystem that can be accessed from anywhere in the world
- promote and facilitate open research and responsible use of data
- Our delivery partners provide technical expertise and support to deliver the Workbench, tooling to help researchers analyse data, infrastructure expertise and hosting.
Our partners include:
Becoming a Partner
The Alliance has two main categories of partners:
- Data Partners are working with us to make their data accessible to the global community
- Strategic Partners contribute valuable expertise in information governance, public engagement, data science, clinical research and technical knowledge and infrastructure
We expect partners to subscribe to our Alliance Principles.
If you are interested in learning more about our partnerships and how your organisation could get involved, please contact us.
Central to achieving our vision is to support partners providing data, to allow access to datasets in a safe and streamlined way. This will ensure that the data is more widely used to generate insights and increase collaborations. In order to achieve this, we believe that data contributors must be able to choose how their data is made accessible, have confidence that the platform is secure and appropriate data governance is in place.
The Workbench will support the administrative and logistical aspects of providing access to datasets. Providing the choice and control over the data-access process, standardising approaches and reducing the burden on the data contributors. Our robust data governance processes are based on the ‘five safes’ framework.
Our technology is designed so that data contributors will experience a consistent, auditable process on what happens with their dataset throughout a project – a real-time, transparent evidence base of compliance. It also allows researchers to access data in a safe way.
As we progress, we will enhance our tools based on experience and feedback from researchers and data contributors, for example, creating new tools for greater harmonisation, standardised statistical profiling of data, or synthetic previews of data.
For more information or to join the Alliance contact us.