Further to our recent announcement of the Grand Challenges ICODA COVID-19 Data Science funding call for research studies to accelerate progress on addressing COVID-19 through data science, we would like to invite you to an Online Information Workshop on 07 January 2021 at 14:00 UTC.
Researchers from a wide range of organisations and over 140 countries around the world have already been in touch, and their feedback and input has helped us shape the agenda for the Workshop, which will include:
- An overview of the Grand Challenges ICODA COVID-19 Data Science pilot initiative, and what we are looking for in applications
- An outline of the longer-term vision for the Global Grand Challenges data science initiatives and how this pilot will contribute
- How the ICODA Workbench and tools, as well as other resources that we will make available to Grantees, will enable and support the selected research studies
- Further information on the terms of the grant awards and what will be supported.
- Significant time to address the questions raised during the workshop.
To attend the event, please register here. The event will be recorded and published on the ICODA website shortly afterwards.
We are also updating our Q&A document in response to the questions we are receiving. For example, we have received several questions about the scope and nature of this open funding call. We confirm that we are requiring researchers to bring clearly identified datasets for their research studies. Please note that the call does not focus on research studies involving the collation or generation of new data. Please visit our website to see the Terms for the initiative and the Q&A.
Please contact us with any further questions about the initiative or the event. And don’t forget that the deadline for submissions is 19 January 2021 at 24:00 UTC.
We look forward to seeing you at the workshop!